September 30, 2011

GETTING IN A GROVE

This week's walks called from 3 miles each, which I have to say after doing 6 miles on the weekend, makes it seem like no big deal.  It was the first week since training started that I did not have a lot of pain during and after from my abscesses.  I am thrilled by that.  Hopefully now I can get into a good groove of health for awhile and be able to train normally.  The weather has been wonderful, I love the the fall, which makes it much easier to walk outside in the beautiful weather.  Here are the results from the two walks.

2.94 miles (49:35, 16:52 average min/mile)
2.96 miles (51:22, 17:20 average min/mile)

October is shaping up to be a good month, I cannot tell you how good that feels to have that outlook.  The past three months have been so hard with all of the complications and setbacks.  It just makes what I am doing all the more important.  I can do this.  This weekend we are scheduled to do another 3 mile walk.  I will have to see if I can come up with a new route, as it will be a family affair with Amanda, Rowan and I.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment