October 27, 2011

Get back on the horse!




Look at the pretty!

This. This is one of the reasons I've missed two weeks of training. Two weeks, people.
 
October was insane with travel -- especially for one who is accustomed to working from home every day, all day. New Jersey for a week at the beginning of the month; mid-month it was 4 days in San Jose, followed by two days home and then 4 days in Phoenix with Rowan to visit a dear friend.
 
Whirl. Wind.

Work trips were necessary, friend trip was needed, but the end result is that I missed two weeks of training. I am now at DefCon 3. With roughly 40(ish) days left to train before the marathon, I am planning to simply pick up where the training schedule indicates and work through it, hoping for the best.

I never really had a time to beat (other than the 4 hour limit, I suppose); I just want to finish. Mark has been doing amazing. Riding out the pain of migraines, dealing with Crohn's flare-ups, and handling things while I've been away, he's still managed to work in training sessions. He's my inspiration -- not just for participating in this marathon, but for not sinking into a pile of tears when I look at my work load, travel schedule, and completion times.

I almost had to travel again in November, but am oddly thankful for a work load that actually prevents me from doing so. So, I have November to get back on the horse, so to speak, and get my body as ready as I can be for this effort.

Also? I have some letters to write. I've depended largely on email to reach out to people about considering donating; I need to take pen in hand (more or less) and see if there are still a few souls out in my family who might want to participate in this fundraising effort before November 16th.
 
I need Hermione's Time Turner, I think....

-- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment