October 24, 2011

8 MILES

Sunday, I went with my mom and sister and we did the scheduled 8 mile walk for our training.  Amanda and Rowan were out of town visiting a friend.  I decided to do some trails out by Clinton Lake which slowed down our overall time, but was beautiful scenery and not just a standard path.  I was a little nervous, since my Crohn's symptoms had prevented me from doing the scheduled walks during the week, but everything went great and even did not feel to bad afterward. Mom and Kelli did great as well.  It is so great to have their support and I look forward to them being in Las Vegas with us.  Kelli is even signing up as a normal half marathon participant to do it as well.  So proud of her!

7.76 miles (2:33:06, 19:44 average minutes per mile)
I know that is a little short of 8 miles, but with the up and down nature of the trails, I am convinced we did more than 8 miles and my GPS was off.  :-)

Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment