November 30, 2011

IT'S ALMOST HERE!

Can't believe after all of these weeks, the half-marathon weekend is almost here.  We received our Team Challenge racing singlets last night at our send off party.  It made everything seem real now.  On Sunday, we will be doing a half-marathon!  I am still nervous, mainly because the last month has been hard to train with me being sick at different times, but I am still confident that we can complete the half-marathon. I will complete it so I can say that I have done something to not let Crohn's disease control my life.  It has not been a easy process, but one that has made me stronger and done something proactive to gain back some of that control in your life.

It has been a very therapeutic process and I cannot imagine how I will feel this weekend.  I am looking forward to the pasta dinner hosted by the CCFA on Saturday night that brings together all of the Team Challenge teams from across the United States.  It is suppose to be a very emotional and moving experience.  Then on Sunday night, with my lovely wife and teammates we will hit the strip to finish the half-marathon.  Even before the race, we are all winners due to all of the generous donations to the CCFA.  These are crucial in helping us find new treatments and hopefully one day a cure.  I hope my daughter, Rowan, never has to worry about either of these dreadful diseases.  Our Kansas City Team Challenge group has done great so far and raised over $54,000 for the CCFA.  Thanks again for all of the support, I will never be able to express how grateful I really am.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment