November 15, 2011

DETOUR

Our fundraising continues to go great, even after reaching our goal. We currently stand at $8,041, thank you! It has been a down week on the training for me as my body has not been cooperating. Due to the medications that I am on (Cimzia and Prednisone), I am very susceptible to getting infections due to the fact that these medications lower your immune system and make it tough to fight of infections.  I usually have a "48 hour" rule, if I am feeling flu like symptoms and they do not get better in a 48 hour period, I get into the doctor to make sure that I am not developing a more severe infection. 

I started noticing some signs on Saturday, and by Sunday my throat was raw and sore and had on and off fevers.  Made it into the doctor on Monday, and was told most likely it was Strep and began treatment for that. Hoping the antibiotics kick in soon because I have been quite miserable.  As a result my training over the weekend and so far this week as been put on hold.  I am still confident that I will be able to complete the half marathon.  This is just another small detour in completing this goal. Hopefully this is just me getting the sickness out of my body before Las Vegas.  Think positive, right? 

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment